"Commercial driver’s license, medical certificates, hours of service requirements, pre- and post-trip inspections, those were all included and a farmer is exempt if he’s driving a vehicle that’s under 26,000 pounds.

"If he happens to be over 26,000 pounds, he’s exempt up to 150 air miles from his farm, if he were to cross a state line. He’d be exempt within the state.


"It’s just an easier way to do business and reduce some of the regulatory burdens that are on them.”  FG

—From American Farm Bureau's