Joining me again is Richie Shepardson, a dairy technical specialist with Milk Specialties Global based out of Vermont. Richie, welcome to the program.
Season 4, Episode 5
Here is the episode breakdown:
- Tell me, why is DMI so important?
- What factors influence DMI?
- How do the rations I feed influence DMI?
- But is increasing DMI always a good thing?
- How should I evaluate diets and DMI in overcrowded pens of cows?
- Can lower DMI be overcome with high energy diets?
This episode is sponsored by Milk Specialties Global.
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.