Many farm managers in Pennsylvania use QuickBooks financial recordkeeping software for their farm business recordkeeping. Of these, several report in conversations with Extension educators that they do not feel that they get the most out of the program, in terms of financial reports and decision making tools. In order to assist farm managers make the most of QuickBooks software as a financial decision making tool, Penn State Extension has planned a two-part workshop series that will be held in several locations throughout Pennsylvania.
Workshops will be hands-on, using a computer lab. Participants will have the opportunity to use their own farm’s data to build meaningful financial records and reports. It is expected that all participants in this program will have a basic understanding of Quickbooks prior to attending the workshop.
The first part of the series will consist of a one-day workshop, to be held in November. The second part of the series will be a half day workshop, which will be held in early 2012, at locations to be determined by participation in part one workshops.
The cost to participants for this program is $100 for the first participant from each farm, and $25 for each additional participant. The first workshops will be held on the following dates and locations in Pennsylvania:
• Towanda: Nov. 1: Endless Mountains AgChoice Farm Credit Office, 24668 Route 6, Towanda, Pennsylvania.
• Chambersburg: Nov. 7: Cumberland Valley AgChoice Farm Credit Office, 109 Farm Credit Drive, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
• Gettysburg: Nov. 14: Adams County Penn State Extension Office, 670 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
• Martinsburg: Nov. 15: Martinsburg Airport, 310 Airport Drive, Martinsburg, Pennsylvania.
• Mercer: Nov. 21: Mercer County Penn State Extension Office, 463 North Perry Highway, Mercer, Pennsylvania.
• Lebanon: Nov. 22: Lebanon County Penn State Extension Office, 2120 Cornwall Road, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
Advanced registration for this educational program is required. Registration is available by calling (877) 489-1398. To register online, click here and then find the session that you would like to sign up for under the November calendar. For more information, contact Keith Dickinson at (610) 696-3500. PD
—From Penn State Extension Dairy Team news release