Midwest Dairy Association has announced the nine Kansas City Division winners of the Midwest Dairy Educational Award, a $500 scholarship for college expenses. “On behalf of the Kansas City Division board, I want to congratulate each award winner. Midwest Dairy offers this educational award as a way to thank farmers for their hard work and help their children pay for school,” said Byron Lehman, Newton, Kansas, who chairs the board.
The Kansas scholarship recipients are:
• Rachel Becker, daughter of John and Cindy Becker of Argonia, a graduate of Conway Springs High School. Becker will study accounting and business management at Kansas State University in the fall.
• Casey George, son of Eugene and Laura George of Baldwin, a Baldwin High School graduate. He studies plumbing, heating, air conditioning and heavy equipment at North Central Kansas Technical College.
• Austin Haverkamp, son of Brian and Kristina Haverkamp of Seneca, a Nemaha Valley High School graduate. Haverkamp will study biology at Kansas State University next fall.
• Alex Linsey, the son of R.D. and Cindy Linsey of Lebo. Linsey, a Lebo High School graduate, will study dairy and animal science at Allen Community College.
• Stacy Rottinghaus, daughter of David and Jan Rottinghaus of Seneca. She studies secondary mathematics education at Washburn University.
• Andrea Steenbock, the daughter of Curtis and Kristine Steenbock of Longford. Steenbock plans to study agriculture business at Kansas State University.
• Rachel Stuhlsatz, daughter of Kevin and Jackie Stuhlsatz of Goddard, a Garden Plain High school graduate who will study accounting at Kansas State University.
• Roxanne Wallace, the daughter of Brad and Karen Wallace of Tipton. Wallace has received a biology degree from Pittsburg State University and studies veterinary medicine at Oklahoma State University Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
The Missouri scholarship recipient is:
• Colton Hardy, son of Steve and Jill Hardy of Browning. A Linn County R-1 graduate, Hardy will attend North Central Missouri College for the agriculture program with an emphasis in agriculture mechanics. PD
—From Midwest Dairy Association news release