This podcast is brought to you by Novus International, Inc.
Today's Progressive Dairy Podcast is brought to you by Novus International, Inc.—a leader in poultry, dairy, and swine nutrition solutions driven by science. Novus’s products and services look at the whole animal, focusing on productivity and well-being, in order to feed the world affordable and wholesome food.
At Novus International, Inc., we understand that nutrition is just one part of running a successful dairy. The Novus® C.O.W.S.™ Program evaluates individual dairy farms relative to benchmarks on several cow comfort measures (lying time, gait scores, etc.), facility design, and management measures. Additionally, the program provides direct feedback to the individual dairy with ratings on all variables. The C.O.W.S.™ Program, an acronym for cow comfort, oxidative balance, well-being, and sustainability, aims to optimize dairy cow welfare and production efficiency by providing a systematic approach to improving management focus and practice. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Season 4, Episode 4
Here is a breakdown of the episode:
- Jared shares his background, including how his work in the corporate world led him back to dairy management [~1:10]
- The core values of Sunnyside Farms [~4:45]
- What was Sunnyside Farms’ culture like when you joined the team five years ago? [~8:30]
- What tough actions did you take as a new manager to align the team with the culture and values? [~9:20]
- How does culture lead to measurable results? [~11:20]
- Describe your labor philosophy. [~13:00]
- How do you invest in your teams and training? [~16:05]
- What does your typical day look like? [~18:35]
- How are you using data and technology to enhance your ability to manage your teams? [~20:00]
- How do you prepare yourself to be a leader for your team? [~24:20]
- How do you onboard new employees? [~25:55]
- What are the qualities of your top-performing employees? [~27:10]
- What is your one piece of advice for establishing a better culture within their team? [~28:25]
- Rapid fire questions [~30:15]
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.