Season 4, Episode 3
Here is a breakdown of the episode:
- About Ebert Enterprises [~1:15]
- Jordan’s experience returning to the dairy and taking over a local meat market at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic [~4:40]
- From “heifer hoarders” to beef-on-dairy early adopters [~8:20]
- Building a beef harvesting facility [~23:50]
- The opening of the Homestead Kitchen and Tap, a farm-to-table restaurant [~30:30]
- How diversification lends to the overall long-term vision for Ebert Enterprises and your family [~35:00]
- Rapid-fire questions [~40:40]
- Favorite cut of beef
- Favorite podcast
- Best book you’ve read or listened to lately
- Favorite menu item at the Homestead Kitchen and Tap
- What is one thing you do for fun, outside of the business?
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.