AutoTrac Ready Gator from John Deere
John Deere now offers a new AutoTrac Ready option for select full-size Gator utility vehicles (UVs) to give farmers and ranchers hands-free steering capabilities and increased versatility.
AutoTrac Ready Gator UVs are now available from the factory and come equipped with the necessary wiring harness and brackets for John Deere technology hardware. The AutoTrac-assisted steering system increases operator productivity by maintaining consistent, repeatable accuracy and efficiency as the vehicle moves across the field. With AutoTrac engaged, operators can remain alert and focused on controlling machine settings and varying field conditions.
“Farmers and ranchers can use their AutoTrac-equipped Gator utility vehicle for precise grid sampling, spraying and field boundary creation,” said Maureen McCormack, go-to-market manager of Gator UVs for John Deere. “AutoTrac-equipped Gator UVs feature a combination of functionality and versatility that helps drive efficiency and productivity in everyday jobs.”
Learn more at the John Deere website.
The Colonel hydraulic chute from Arrowquip
Arrowquip saw the need in the feedlot industry for heavy-duty, reliable hydraulic chutes with minimal downtime and has introduced its Army Series. These chutes, including The Colonel, are engineered with easy-to-replace parts that ship in as little as 24 hours by a 24/7 customer service team.
The Colonel falls in the Army Series between The General and The Major.
Its key features include:
- New Infiniti true rubber floor and traction kit
- Headgate track built with 5/16-inch plate steel for enhanced strength
- Swing-out emergency exit on both sides
- Easy pour-on access without opening the gates
- Squeeze track constructed of 4-by-4-inch, 0.188-inch wall rectangular tubing
- Torsion bar to prevent warping of lower squeeze frame
- Hydraulic neck extenders
- Added height with rear drop-down panels for vet access
- Seven drop-down access panels on each side
- Split-bottom access gates on both sides
- Hydraulic control pivoting swing arm that can be used from either side
The Colonel is ready to assist feedlot owners and operators to achieve maximum performance and efficiency.
Learn more at the Arrowquip website.
Taurus Auto Sorter from Te Pari
The Taurus Auto Sorting System takes cattle handling to a new level. This system is capable of handling large numbers of cattle quickly, safely and with minimal operator input. It can be set up to sort out of the chute or by utilizing the sorting gates in front of the chute.
- Pneumatic control of the headgate, split-entry gate, parallel squeeze and sorting gates
- Remote control allows you to switch from auto to manual control at any stage
- Rear control panel for weigh scale indicator and storage
- Three- or five-way sorting gates make sorting a one-person job
Learn more at the Te Pari website.
Mudcat work boots from Dryshod
Dryshod has announced another addition to its work boot line: Mudcat.
Mudcat is aimed to ease work in the sloppiest conditions, including farm, ranch or industrial environments. Built with a superlight, high-abrasion outsole, Mudcat weighs 20% less than other models in Dryshod’s already lightweight work boot line.
The Mudcat work boot also features a waterproof Densoprene upper for superior warmth without added bulk and an airmesh lining that forces air movement to minimize sweat. It is available in full- or midheight.
Other features of Mudcat include:
- Oil-resistant genuine rubber overlays
- Raised lateral and medial sidewalls for added stability
- Direct-attached vulcanized sole construction designed to last the life of the boot
- Scalloped shank area for stability on ladder rungs and rocky terrain
- Steel shank for added arch support
Mudcat work boots will be available to consumers starting in April 2023 through Dryshod dealers, in stores and online.
Learn more at the Dryshod website.