Residents of Carver County, Minnesota, earn awards at 60th Dairy Day Dinner The 60th annual Dairy Day Dinner drew 370 people to New Germany, Minnesota, as farmers, youth and others were recognized for their achievements. The new 2012 Carver County Dairy Princesses were crowned. The ceremony also featured the presentation of numerous awards from the American Dairy Association:
- Leonard Hoen Jr., who received the Senior Dairyman Award
- Janet Sons, who won the Dairy Farm Woman Award
- The Luce Line Lodge, which won the Golden Butter Knife Award, given to a restaurant that best uses dairy products in its menu
- Mike Foust of Munson Lakes Nutrition, who won the Milk Pitcher Award
- Andy and Jodene Stuewe of Flower Brook Dairy, who won the Farm Bureau Award
- The Dean Heuer and Paul Heuer families, who won the Farm Family of the Year Award
- Carly Vinkemeier, Katie Buckentine, Christine Leonard and Cole Thaemert, who won FFA Dairy Judging Awards
—From the Waconia Patriot
Pennsylvania town's Dairy Day 'returns folks to roots'
The 23rd Annual Dairy Day, held at Elk Lake High School in Dimock, Pennsylvania, attracted 72 exhibitors along with 15 community and health organizations.
The county's dairy ambassadors dished out free ice cream. A pie auction raised more than $4,000 for the Susquehanna County 4-H Dairy Program and the Susquehanna County Dairy Princess Promotion Committee.
Classroom educational opportunities ran the gamut from pesticide information to the "Scoop on Poop," which explained nutrient management plans for farmers with extra manure in their barns.
Dairyman Harold Ely, 93, told the Wyoming County Press Examiner that he no longer keeps cows but still loves to come to Dairy Day "just to see old friends and get a read on the latest technologies." PD
—From the Wyoming County Press Examiner