- Aids in the prevention of abortion due to infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR)
- A demonstrated 12-month duration of immunity (DOI) against both IBR-induced abortion and bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2. (This also includes protection against persistently infected (PI) calves caused by BVD.)
- Flexibility in vaccination with approval to administer to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated with any Express FP vaccine in the last 12 months according to label directions
“Protecting the reproductive health of the cow herd is so important for any successful cow-calf operation,” says Dr. Joe Campbell, professional services veterinarian with Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
“Express FP and its expanded label is one way we at Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. are making a commitment to provide producers with tools to help prevent disease and help cattle perform to their highest potential.”
These new claims add to Express FP’s reputation as one of the most complete modified-live virus (MLV) reproductive vaccine families on the market. Backed by a solid foundation of research, Express FP vaccines are also labeled to:
- Prevent PI calves caused by BVD Types 1 and 2
- Prevent urinary shedding of Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar hardjo (type hardjo-bovis)
- Aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by IBR virus, BVD Types 1 and 2, and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV)
- Aid in the reduction of respiratory disease caused by parainfluenza 3 (PI3)
- Aid in the reduction of infertility, delayed conception or abortion caused by Campylobacter fetus var. venerealis, and leptospirosis caused by five serovars of Leptospira.
For more information on Express FP products, contact your herd veterinarian or a Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. representative, or click here.
—From Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. news release