Keith helps dairy farmers optimize milking performance with smart hygiene solutions to meet their farm’s needs and goals. Whether you’re looking to utilize parlor labor more effectively or seeking more flexible and economical teat dips, he can lay out all the options.
Consistency and efficiency are cornerstones of milk quality and udder health for Keith. In this episode, he shares innovations in teat dip formulas, on-farm blending systems and automated applications to help you achieve both.
Season 4, Episode 9
Here is the episode breakdown:
- 1:15 – Welcome, Keith Engel
- 2:05 – What should dairy farmers focus on to achieve their milk quality goals?
- 3:34 – What automated teat dip application options are available?
- 6:16 – Are cost-benefit ratios available for automated teat dip systems?
- 7:18 – Tell us about on-farm teat dip blending systems and who can benefit from them.
- 10:33 – What’s new with teat dip formulations?
- 12:36 – What’s your best tip for farmers as they consider making teat dip changes?
This episode is sponsored by GEA.
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.