I love no-bake cookies, and I love caramel! I mean who doesn’t, right? These cookies take only a few minutes to make, and they seem to disappear about as fast as it takes to throw them together.
The holidays are busy for everyone, but I think they are especially busy for dairy farmers. Employees want to take days off; there are school concerts, church, family and work parties; and of course, there is the everyday work on the dairy that still needs to happen. I’m not sure how the days from November through New Year’s Day fill up so fast, but they do.
The invitations to all these festive activities also include a food assignment. No-bake caramel cookies are just the thing for all this holiday fun! They are made using ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. It doesn’t take long at all to make a batch. And everyone goes crazy for this new version of an old classic. Whether you are packaging them up to share or enjoying them with your family at home, you are sure to love these. Make sure you grab a glass of milk to go with them. They are perfect that way!
NO-BAKE CARAMEL COOKIES
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Smooth salted caramel, crunchy toffee chips and chocolate wrapped up in one super easy no-bake caramel cookie! I can't think of a thing not to love about these cookies.
Author: Amy Engberson
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 5.1-ounce package instant butterscotch pudding
- 3½ cups quick oats
- Sea salt to taste (I used a few grinds)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee chips
- Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to a rolling boil over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and add oats, dry pudding and salt. Let sit for a few minutes until it cools a little bit.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Add chocolate chips and toffee chips to cookie mixture. Gently stir, being careful to not over stir or else the chocolate chips will be totally incorporated.
- Drop by cookie scoopfuls onto wax paper.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Dairy Producer
- Engberson Brothers Dairy
- Email Amy Engberson
PHOTO: Ingredients for no-bake caramel cookies are easy to keep on hand, making this dessert a quick one to whip up. Photo by Amy Engberson.