In this episode of the Progressive Dairy Podcast, host Kimmi Devaney visits with Kennedy Youngren and Emily Schaapman about how to stay energized during busy seasons, what you can do to fuel your body properly, optimize the hours you do have for sleep, protect your mental health, manage stress and much more.
Follow Youngren and Schaapman on social media:
Emily Schaapman: @dairygirlfitness
Kennedy Youngren: @the.legendairy.dietitian
This podcast is brought to you by Connecterra.
Ever wonder how emerging tech like artificial intelligence can empower the dairy industry? The new Connecterra platform transforms data into intelligent digital experiences and products that help farmers, advisors and dairy companies take on the most challenging problems.
The Connecterra team is on a mission to empower the dairy industry to increase productivity while reducing the impact of farming on the planet.
How do we do this?
We’ve built a platform that transforms data into intelligent digital experiences and products, solving problems for farmers, farm advisors and companies across the dairy industry.
How does it work?
Our industry leading data integration capabilities and cutting-edge artificial intelligence models power an easy-to-use app and APIs. Our solutions save customers valuable time, empower better decision making and facilitate better collaboration across the value chain.
Visit connecterra.ai to learn more.
Season 5, Episode 36
Here’s a breakdown of the episode:
- Meet Kennedy and Emily. [~0:55]
- Learn why they started sharing about nutrition, fitness and agriculture online. [~2:40]
- Emily and Kennedy describe how they approach busy seasons when it comes to nutrition and overall wellness [~5:05]
- How to prioritize nutrition and make it easier to eat healthy during busier times of year [~6:55]
- Grab-and-go healthy snack ideas [~10:35]
- Easy breakfast ideas that are quick and easy to make [~13:55]
- Tips to optimize sleep, fall asleep faster and sleep better [~20:25]
- How to add in more movement when there is not time for a full workout or a walk [~29:00]
- Stress management tips for busy seasons [~31:00]
- Kennedy and Emily discuss how farmers can protect their mental health when stress is high, they are trying to get crops in, still running their dairies and trying to fulfill their countless other responsibilities. [~35:40]
- Rapid-fire questions [~42:40]
Are you a podcast subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.