Mornings at my house are crazy busy! My farmer hubby milks his fresh cows and sick cows first thing in the morning, so he’s out the door super early.
The kids need to be rushed out the door with lunches, completed homework, basketball practice clothes, a note to get off the bus at scouts and a small lecture. Please tell me I’m not the only mom who can’t let the kids out the door without reminding them to be nice, to be honest, blah, blah, blah.
Breakfast is an important meal to me. I want my family to start the day with a hearty and healthy meal. Because time is so limited in the morning, I’ve created a few recipes that can either be partially or completely made ahead of time. Ham and cheese breakfast quesadillas happen to be a favorite with my family.
Preparing as many ingredients as possible the day before makes these a cinch to throw together in the morning. All you have to do is hard-boil and dice a few eggs, grate lots of cheese (let’s face it; cheese is the best part) and chop some ham. In the morning, you throw it all together in one scrumptious quesadilla! It’s so quick and easy, and so delicious! It’s also perfect for using up leftover Easter ham and hard boiled eggs! For more fast and easy recipes, visit my blog.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
A breakfast quesadilla is what my kids get for breakfast as they are heading out the door on extra busy mornings. I love how quickly I can make them, and the boys love how customizable they are!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 flour tortilla shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Mushrooms, sautéed
- Onions, sautéed
- Bacon, sautéed
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lay one tortilla shell to the skillet.
- Sprinkle grated Swiss cheese on tortilla.
- Sprinkle diced eggs and ham over cheese layer.
- Next, sprinkle any other optional toppings.
- Add layer of cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla.
- As soon as the bottom tortilla is golden brown, flip the whole quesadilla over. Let me know if you figure out how to do this without spilling all the yummy inside ingredients. If you do, just scoop them back in with a spatula.
- Continue cooking until second side is golden brown.
- Remove to a cutting board. Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm! PD
- Dairy Producer
- Engberson Brothers Dairy
- Email Amy Engberson
PHOTO: Breakfast quesadillas! Deviled eggs and ham make these look perfect for using up Easter leftovers. Photo provided by Amy Engberson.