This podcast is brought to you by California BioEnergy.
California Bioenergy is a leading developer of dairy digesters in America. With more than 100 projects, over 40 of them in operation, CalBio has the expertise to help your dairy generate revenue by capturing methane and creating renewable vehicle fuels. Founded by a dairy farmer, CalBio considers itself the most dairy-focused digester developer building systems to last generations along with your existing family-owned operation. Now expanding with its subsidiaries, Northwest, Midwest, and Southwest Bioenergy, CalBio is ready to serve you. To learn more about how a CalBio digester could benefit your dairy, manure, and wallet, visit them at calbioenergy.com.
Season 4, Episode 8
Here is a breakdown of the episode:
- The skillsets of a CFO, COO or CEO [9:30]
- What to do if no one on the current team is a good fit for the executive positions [19:00]
- Success story of bringing in an outside executive to a dairy [25:00]
- How a next-generation family member can prepare to take on an executive role [29:00]
- Adapt an executive mindset [34:00]
- 4 things sustainable business families do [37:00]
- Rapid fire questions [40:00]
“It's a natural progression of a family business to start it, get it stable and professionalize it. Then, from stabilization to professionalization, that’s typically where the discussion of non-family decision makers comes into play.”
Are you a subscriber?
Keep up with our Progressive Dairy podcast episodes to gain insights from what is happening in the industry to new and evolving management techniques for your operation. Just like our magazine, we’ll cover a multitude of topics including human resources, business management, facilities, repro and genetics, feed and nutrition, calf and heifer raising, dry and transition cows, herd health, hoof health, milk quality, animal welfare and manure handling. Subscribe now to be notified of new releases.
Click here to find past episodes and quick links to subscribe on your favorite platform.